When I’m trying to talk a client through a task it often really helps if I’m able to see what they can see on their screen, so one of the tools that I find extremely useful as a Virtual Assistant is the free screen-sharing facility on Skype.
I’ve been using this very feature over the last few days as I’ve been talking a client through all the different buttons and tabs in her spanking new Gmail account as well as showing her how to sync then export her Mac contacts and emails. Being able to see her cursor moving and say “no not that one, the button to the left of that one!” made the job so much quicker. Which is really handy when they’re paying you by the hour.
How To Share Your Computer Screen On Skype:
- Open up your Skype account
- Call the contact in question
- When in call click the big + symbol on the talk screen
- Select ‘Show My Desktop’ as per the screenshot
- Done! They can now see whatever screen you go to on your computer or vice versa